Wednesday, June 21, 2006

An old friend

Yesterday I met an old friend.Two years hence I last saw her in my school before she was off to some distant place.Since then time has passed like rain in the mountains.All in all it was a great experience.I realized how slow I have become in all these years(evidentially she being the first to pay up anywhere around).I realized how different we both have become.Gone are the days when we were chirpy school students.In a months time I would be sitting in a National Law University under huge burden of work and she in a medical or dental school.

So I would like to say to the faithful reader that friends are like sands in your hand.You can try to retain all of them in your hand but destiny thinks otherwise.So cherish the days of youth while you can before robotic proffesionalism takes over and all that is left in you only longs for material needs.

A few days earlier one of my friend was so well connected that we used to talk over phone for hours.Now he is off to pilot school and I am already packing my bags.In the same time correspondences have become scarce.I do not blame him as he himself told me once that you can not possibly give the best friend for life status nowadays.We meet so many people over the time frames that you think of choosing friends in your circle rather then the circle you left long ago.Of course we do not want to be banished from our herd.

But until time comes for me I would cherish memory of my friends through out my life not expecting them to remember me.

3 comments:

Varad Deore, Advocate said...

dude, u may not believe it but i brought tears to my eyes. extremely touching and i connect with it with al my heart. words are sometimes just too cheap to capture emotions...i feel something similar at this moment.

Varad Deore, Advocate said...

and yes...thts varad deore...LST Forum.

Anubhuti Mishra said...

hey arnroy......really connect to it,i do....nicely narrated......its sad but true..even i feel d oangs of scattered friendship after school....which i knw will increase manifold in d comin years but yeah i'll always cherish mah friends n their memories.....gud one dude!